Tuesday, October 20, 2020

A Note on Reactivating this Blog

Having concluded to reactivate this blog, I thought I'd say a few words about the reason for it's existence. The computer age is changing writing in ways none of us yet fully understand; so writers are in the position that they must reinvent the wheel. When I started this blog I intended it to be a place for myself, and other writers, to publish ther work; but it evolved into a place where I create, and also get work before the public.

Most of the writing I'm publishing here is in one stage or another of creation. Very little of it is finished work, and this seems to me to be a strange way of approaching writing.

How, or why, I ended up with this format I don't know. It simply seemed the best way to stay engaged with the work, while connecting to the energy inherent in reaching an audience, that my writing had a dynamic purpose.

The work you're reading here is work in progress. I realize that that has drawbacks, but I believe it compensates for those drawbacks with energy, the dinamism of active creativity.

Brent

No comments:

Post a Comment