Tuesday, November 3, 2020

My Books Finally Arrive!



I finally got the print copies of all of my books today (the cover image of "Ode to Belladonna" is above), and aside from the small glitches that seem inevitable in a first print run when self-publishing online, I am very happy with them. They are beautiful!

Unbelieveably, in working with Microsoft to produce a book, page numbering is often the hardest thing to get right! The copy of "Ode" has no pagenation, and in "Heir" I don't like the way the page numbers look on the page. One of the title pages is also set incorrectly. When you self-publish you have to wear too many hats! But these are monor issues that I can readily address. The missing page-numbers in "Ode" are okay, for now I think, because the book has short chapters that are innumerated.

I love the overall look and feel of all of these books!

How odd that they arrived on election day! I don't know what to make of that! Is there some great cosmic sense of humor in the universe? If so, it's a slightly twisted one in my experience.

When all is said and done though, having these books before me, even imperfectly published as they still are, makes me very happy. 20 years of work all but done, anyway Yeah!

No comments:

Post a Comment